Insomni-snacks: Easy Recipes To Help You Sleep
We've all been told that certain food and ingredients make it easier for us to sleep, but fitting these into can be easier said than done! Throughout this month, we're bringing you four quick and easy recipes which may make it that little bit easier to drift into a peaceful night's sleep.
Banana Kiwi Smoothie
Let’s kick off Insomni-snacks with an easy one! Both of these fruits help with the production of serotonin and melatonin, chemicals in the brain that are proven to a brain chemical that helps you relax and regulate your sleep cycle. So packing them into a healthy, drink on the go smoothie is the ideal way to squeeze them into your diet!
You will need:
- 1.5 Kiwifruit
- 1 Banana
- 1/4 to 1/3 Orange Juice or Almond Milk
- 1/2 Honey
- Peel then cut the banana and kiwi fruits into medium pieces
- Pour orange juice in the jar of a blender
- Add chopped banana, kiwi and honey
- Blend until smooth. Pour into serving glass and serve
Keep an eye out for our other Insomni-snacks recipe cards later this month!